When CLAS opened its doors in 1959, just months after the Cuban Revolution, it was one of the first Latin American Studies programs in the United States. It has continued to be a leader in area studies, bringing together scholars and practitioners from the Washington D.C. area and the region to serve as adjunct faculty. The Center regularly hosts visiting scholars from around the world and sponsors a cutting-edge research program that links students to research projects led by CLAS core faculty members.

Learn More