Jesus Muñoz Bandala
Professor Muñoz Bandala holds a PhD in Economics and a MS in International Business from the University of Lancaster in the United Kingdom. He is a professor-researcher of economics and finance at the Centro Universitario Incarnate Word and at Universidad Anahuac in Mexico City. He was also a Senior Researcher on migration at DGETA in Mexico City. His research focuses on the macroeconomic causes, interrelations, and impact of the Mexican migration to the United States from 1980-2017, with emphasis on the role of domestic management, financial crisis, and development.
- Keynes’s Evolutionary Spirit, a Philosophical Journey through his Activities and Publications, to be published by Lexington Books, Lanham, Maryland, US
- “Marx’s theory: Evolutionary or revolutionary? An update of Gouldner’s statement on the distinction between Scientific Marxism and Critical Marxism”, American Review of Political Economy 11(2), October, 2017
- “Commonalities between the ‘bookends’ financial crises of Mexico 1994 and Greece 2007”, en J. Marangos (ed.), The Internal Impact and External Influence of the Greek Financial Crisis, Ch. 11, Palgrave: Cham, CH, 2017
- “A qualitative case study of the Mexican stock market (BMV) from the perspective of Critical Realism and Grounded Theory”, Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Heterodox Economics, F. Lee & B. Cronin (eds), Ch. 20, Edward Elgar: UK, 2016
- “The power of the Marx and Engels’ Scientific Research Program: A note on their epistemology”, World Review of Political Economy, Pluto: London, 4(1), pp. 63-85, 2013
- “Building a BRIC? Stock market opening and investment finance in India since liberalization”, con Nicholas Snowden, Senior Economist, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster, World Development, 40(6), pp. 1109-21, June, 2012
- “Orthodox versus heterodox (Minskyan) perspectives of financial crises. Explosion in the 1990s versus implosion in the 2000s”, Levy Economics Institute WP695, 2011
- “Estabilidad macroeconómica: desempleo y remesas en México”, en Globalización de la Economía Mexicana: Problemas y Perspectivas, CIECAS, IPN, Cap. 1, 2010
- “México y su fortaleza frente a crisis cambiarias”, in México: Expresiones Teóricas de su Inserción Global, Capítulo 4, México: Porrúa, 2009
- “Keynes the Keynesian: A Lakatosian insight into ‘probable’ theoretical contributions to macroeconomics after 1937”, in Keynes and Macroeconomics after 70 Years. Critical Assessments of The General Theory, EE: UK, Ch. 2, 2008
- “Foundering after floating? Exchange rate management and the Mexican stock market, 1995-2001”, with Nicholas Snowden, in Money, Financial Instability, and Stabilization Policy, EE: UK, Ch. 11, 2006
- “Floating without flotations -the Mexican exchange rate and the stock market: 1995-2001”, with Nick Snowden, Journal of International Development, 18(3), pp. 299-318, 2006
- Colapsos Financiero-corporativos: Un Estudio de México tras la Crisis de 1994, UMSNH: México, 2004.